Department of Business Administration was one of the oldest departments among the self-financing mode in the college. Since its inception in 2005, the department has provided management graduate who are currently serving in reputed business organisations both in public and private organisation. The department provides a diverse set of opportunities in the field of business and management.
The founder HOD of Department of Business Administration was Assistant Professor Jacob G Mampilly. Since 2005, the department offered the programme BBA (Finance), in the year 2012 the new programme Bcom with Computer application was introduced. In 2014 Bcom with finance and in 2015 the additional batch of the same programme was incorporated. For the operational convenience the existing department separated in to two in 2016; Department of Business Administration and Department of Commerce and Management studies. Since 2016-17 academic year the Department of Business Administration made a new beginning.
OBJECTIVE OF THE PROGRAM
The overall objectives of this academic Bachelor’s program is to develop the students’ intellectual capacity, executive personality, and managerial skills in a way that enables them assume entry-level managerial positions in business and industry, public sector organizations, consultancy companies and other organizations.
AIMS OF THE PROGRAMME
1. To provide knowledge regarding the basic concepts, principles and functions of management.
2. To develop business and entrepreneurial aptitude among the students.
3. 3. To provide knowledge and requisite skills in different areas of management like human resource, finance, operations and marketing to give a holistic understanding of a business system.
VALUE ADED COURSES
1. Certificate programme in soft skills, numerical skills and aptitude enhancement (2016-2017, 2017-2018)
2. Excel elevate; A soft skill enhancement program (2018-2019)
3. Foundation programme in Banking and Financial Services (2019-2020)
4. Microsoft Excel Certification: EXCEL (2022-2023)
STUDENT SUPPORT PROGRAMMES
Update your browser to view this website correctly.