St. Joseph’s College (Autonomous), Irinjalakuda has an established unit that functions for the empowerment of the SC/ST community of the college. By dissolving the lines of social and economic disparity, this unit operates to fulfil the institutional promise of equality in opportunity through the conduct of various academic and non-academic activities designed specifically for the upliftment of this community. There is a systematic and orderly mechanism for the redressal of grievances. The students may approach the cell through any means to clear their queries and get their grievances addressed.
Objectives of the cell:
- To monitor the implementation of reservation policy of state and central government during admission in the institution.
- To ensure there is no caste based discrimination in our college.
- To aware the SC/ST students regarding various scholarships program of State Government and UGC.
- To redress the grievances of SC/ST students.
- To enhance the employability of SC/ST students.
- To ensure equal opportunity in all spheres.
Following are the important work under SC/ST:
- All affairs related to SC/ST students.
- To inform the SC/ST students regarding various scholarships program of State Government and UGC in order to motivate them for better future planning.
- To take such follow up measures for achieving the objectives and targets laid down for the purpose by the Government of India and the UGC.
- The students are motivated to join skill development programe ASAP
- SSP provides academic and motivational support
- Remedial coaching provided by departments in addition to personal counseling
- Advanced learners help the weak students through Each one teach one programme
- Bridge course is provided to the freshers
- One of the healthy practices of the college is faculty @students home which provides greater bonding between faculty, students and parents
- Special coaching class for competitive exams are provided
- A programme organized by the cell for the SC/ST students of the college to make aware of the Educational loans & other financial aids provided by the Kerala State SC/ST development corporation.
- A survey has been conducted for the SC/ST students of the college with regard to the socio-economic conditions and academic dimensions in the institution.
1. Dr. Ligy V K (Sr. Elaiza), Principal (Chairperson)
2. Ms. Dhanya VS, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics (Convener)
3. Ms. Rupini TS, Assistant Professor, Department of Commerce
4. Sr. Gigi MK (Sr. Haizel), Lower Division Clerk
5. Ms. Babitha TB, Lab Assistant
6. Ms. Riya Roy, Student Representative
7. Ms. Anitta Babu, Student Representative
SC/ST Cell Minutes - View